- Support for more recent versions of IPython.
- Support for SNMPv3 context name.
- Fix IPython interactive shell.
- Fix IPv6 handling for sessions.
- Ability for a session to return None instead of raising an exception.
- Ability to walk a table (if the first index is accessible).
- Ability to do a partial walk (courtesy of Alex Unigovsky).
- Fix thread-safety problem introduced in 0.8.6. This also undo any
improvement advertised in 0.8.6 when using multiple
threads. However, performance should be kept when using a single
- Ability to specify a module name when querying a manager.
- Compatibility with PySNMP 4.3
- Array-like interface for OIDs.
- Ability to restrict lookups to a specific MIB: m[‘IF-MIB’].ifDescr.
- Fix multithread support with SNMPv3 (with a performance impact).
- Major speed improvement.
- Major memory usage improvement.
- Ability to set SMI search path (with
- Fix documentation build on Read the Doc.
- Add a loose mode to manager to loosen type coercion.
- More CFFI workarounds, including cross-compilation support.
- Ability to override a node type.
- Automatic workaround for “SNMP too big” error message.
- Workaround a problem with CFFI extension installation.
- Python 3.3 support. Pypy support.
- PEP8 compliant.
- Sphinx documentation.
- Octet strings with a display hint are now treated differently than
plain octet strings (unicode). Notably, they can now be set using
the displayed format (for example, for MAC addresses).
- Major rewrite.
- SNMP support is now provided through PySNMP.
- MIB parsing is still done with libsmi but through CFFI instead of a
- More unittests. Many bugfixes.
- GETBULK support.
- MacAddress SMI type support.
- Support for IPython 0.12.
- Minor bugfixes.
- Ability to return None instead of getting an exception.
- Thread safety and efficiency.
- Compatibility with IPython 0.11.
- Custom timeouts and retries.
- Check conformity of loaded modules.
- Many bugfixes.
- Provide a manual page.
- Use a context manager to group SET requests.